Available 15th November 2018.
Love is...green? In the vivid storytelling game Farben, every color tells a story. Associate a color with a word, then tell a story of why you connect those two. If the word were "school", for example, you might hear the following:
- Player 1 plays purple: "I dyed my hair purple, purchased leather gear for several hundred dollars, and wore make-up in my very short Goth-phase. I quickly realized that I didn't fit in the scene as I am a rather happy person and have a hard time not constantly smiling."
- Player 2 plays red: 'My high school time was stressful because I wasn't a good student. I worried before each exam how I was going to explain all the mistakes marked with red to my parents."
- Player 3 plays black: 'I was totally in love with a fellow student from another class. I got up every day at 6:30 a.m. to catch the early bus to ride with her to school. It was still dark at that time, and that's why I chose black."
Each round, you associate one of your twelve color cards with a word card and start telling a story. After all stories have been told, players tuck their color cards below the word card and set it aside. After ten words have been played, the scoring phase begins. Another player selects one of the visible words for you, and your task is to recall all of the colors played by the other players and yourself without looking. You earn points for correctly naming these colors. This sounds almost impossible at first, but through the stories the colors become easier to remember. Additionally, you score points on the other players' turns when they can remember your color.
You win the game if you can remember best who assigned which color to specific words and if multiple players can remember the colors you assigned to the words.
| 3 - 4 Players | 45 - 75 Minutes | Ages 10+
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Orders placed on a working day before 1:30pm will be packed and despatched that same day. All order are sent tracked via the Royal Mail. You will be able to follow your order from our warehouse to your delivery destination once your order has been fulfilled.
Postage is worked out by spend and delivery type. These options are listed below. There is also the option to collect your online order at our café, no delivery charge is made.
Important note on shipping times: none of the below shipping times are guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.
FREE SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
Spend over £50 and automatically receive free Royal Mail Tracked 48 UK shipping. You will have the option to upgrade your shipping method should you need a speedier service.
EXPRESS SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 24 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive the next working day from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £5 for Tracked 24 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
STANDARD SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive 2 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £4.00 for Tracked 48 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
COLLECT AT THE CAFÉ
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
- All delivery costs are present at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
- Please note next working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
- If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Can't be home for delivery? Don't worry - Thirsty Meeples can ship to any UK address so you can have your order delivered to your place of work, to a friend, a relative or neighbour. Simply enter your preferred delivery address when checking out.