With the Ruins of Symbaroum game line, the acclaimed setting of Symbaroum comes to the world’s most popular roleplaying game rules. This beautifully illustrated, 200-page Gamemaster’s Guide offers inspiration, guidelines and optional rules that will help you when designing adventures and running game sessions in the world of Symbaroum using the 5th Edition OGL ruleset.
Time to prep and plan! Have your players uncover the secrets of Thistle Hold, Yndaros and Karvosti, or develop your own adventure sites in the Symbaroum setting. Send the player characters into the forest of Davokar on treasure hunts, holy missions or to establish an outpost, while facing pre-planned or randomly generated challenges. Determine what type of rewards to bestow on the adventurers – be it traditional treasure, mystical artifacts, new feats, pacts with creatures or factions, or even a domain of their own to govern. The Symbaroum setting can be the staging ground for many kinds of adventures, and this book helps you make the world your own!
- Extensive information on the capital city of Yndaros, the fortune hunter’s town of Thistle Hold, and Karvosti, the cliff of the High Chieftain and the Huldra.
- Guidelines and tables for placing adventures in the Underworld, Yonderworld and Spirit World.
- Advanced rules regarding expeditions into the forest of Davokar, to be used when designing or randomly creating thrilling treasure hunts, journeys of exploration and other kinds of wilderness adventures.
- Informed instructions and guidelines regarding the design of game worlds, adventures, and epic campaigns.
- A chapter on how to make in-game rewards more interesting and tailored to different player types, also including twenty-seven mystical artifacts, each with its own adventure setup.
- A long list of optional rules, regarding advanced traps, troupe play, ceremonial magic, managing domains, pitched battles, pact making, social challenges, and more.
- The one-shot adventure Blight Night, set at the edge of Davokar Forest, as an example of how adventure landscapes in Symbaroum can be built.
pdf included with purchase
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
We aim for orders placed before 1:30pm Monday to Friday to be dispatched on the same working day. If this is not possible, your order will be dispatched on the next working day. Orders placed outside our Monday to Friday office hours will be dispatched on the next working day.
Delivery is free on all orders of £65 or more. Orders with a value of less than £65 will incur a delivery charge as follows:
£4.50 - Royal Mail Tracked 48 (2-3 business days delivery time)
£6.00 - Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days delivery time)
£5.50 - DHL (next business day delivery, mainland UK only)
If you are from further afield please contact us to discuss.
Collect in Store
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
All delivery costs are presented at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
Please note working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
Shipping times are not guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.