It’s brunch time – prehistoric style! You’re a herd of hungry Triceratops vying for the tastiest leaves. But beware of the terrifying raptor who is also on the hunt too!
What’s in the box?
- Four boards
- 10 triceratops figurines (five blue and five orange)
- One raptor figurine
- 28 grass tokens
How to play:
Players battle it out as two brightly-coloured herds of triceratops on the quest to devour the most leaves in the prehistoric fields, whilst avoiding the prowling hungry raptor…
The possible actions a player can take on their turn ARE:
- Move one of their herd – move a triceratops in a straight line (up and down, not diagonally) until it is blocked by either: another triceratops, the raptor, the edge of the playing area or a patch of grass – in this case the triceratops eats it. The grass token is turned over to reveal an effect, which could be beneficial to you, or send your Triceratops to sleep…
- Charge at an opponent – move your triceratops up or down until you meet a rival herd member. Your triceratops takes their place and the rival moves to another empty space of your opponent’s choosing.
- Wake up a herd member – return your triceratops back to their feet and awake them from their food-induced slumber.
- Move the raptor – the raptor can move in ALL directions (up, down and diagonally) until it is met by: a patch of grass, the edge of the playing area or a Triceratops – in this case the raptor scares the triceratops away back to the player.
The game ends when:
- One of the players no longer has any triceratops on the playing area – they automatically lose
- There are no more grass tokens on the playing area
- Over two consecutive turns neither player has managed to eat any grass or make an opposing team member’s triceratops flee
Players count how much grass has been eaten – the player with the most wins!
Jurassic Brunch can be combined with Jurassic Snack so that four players can compete in teams of two.
2 PLAYERS | 15 MINS | AGES 7+
PLEASE NOTE: ROYAL MAIL ARE EXPERIENCING DELAYS IN SOME AREAS, PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR DELIVERIES TO ARRIVE.
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Orders placed on a working day before 1:30pm will be packed and despatched that same day. All order are sent tracked via the Royal Mail. You will be able to follow your order from our warehouse to your delivery destination once your order has been fulfilled.
Postage is worked out by spend and delivery type. These options are listed below. There is also the option to collect your online order at our café, no delivery charge is made.
Important note on shipping times: none of the below shipping times are guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.
FREE SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
Spend over £50 and automatically receive free Royal Mail Tracked 48 UK shipping. You will have the option to upgrade your shipping method should you need a speedier service.
EXPRESS SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 24 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive within 1-2 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £5 for Tracked 24 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
STANDARD SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive 2-3 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £4.00 for Tracked 48 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
COLLECT AT THE CAFÉ (SUSPENDED DURING LOCKDOWN 2.0)
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
- All delivery costs are present at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
- Please note working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
- If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Can't be home for delivery? Don't worry - Thirsty Meeples can ship to any UK address so you can have your order delivered to your place of work, to a friend, a relative or neighbour. Simply enter your preferred delivery address when checking out.