The quick-playing reaction game Geisterblitz takes on new shape — and includes new shapes! — in Geistesblitz 5 vor 12.
In the original game, five wooden items sit on the table waiting to be caught — a white ghost, a green bottle, a cute grey mouse, a blue book, and a comfortable red chair — and the item to be grabbed depends on what's shown on the card revealed that round. Geistesblitz 5 vor 12 increases the challenge by including nine objects in five colors. Each round, a player reveals a card that shows three of these objects, and the player who grabs the object that has neither the same shape nor colour appearing on the picture keeps the card — unless, that is:
- An object on the card is in its original color, in which case you must grab this object.
- And if an owl appears in the picture, you must name the object instead of grabbing it.
- And if the ghost appears with a clock, you must give the time on the clock instead of doing anything else.
- And if the magic mirror shows up, none of the other rules apply and you just need to grab whichever object is reflected by the mirror!
When the card deck runs out, whoever has collected the most cards wins.
2-8 PLAYERS | 20 MINS | AGES 8+
PLEASE NOTE: ROYAL MAIL ARE EXPERIENCING DELAYS IN SOME AREAS, PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR DELIVERIES TO ARRIVE.
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Orders placed on a working day before 1:30pm will be packed and despatched that same day. All order are sent tracked via the Royal Mail. You will be able to follow your order from our warehouse to your delivery destination once your order has been fulfilled.
Postage is worked out by spend and delivery type. These options are listed below. There is also the option to collect your online order at our café, no delivery charge is made.
Important note on shipping times: none of the below shipping times are guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.
FREE SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
Spend over £50 and automatically receive free Royal Mail Tracked 48 UK shipping. You will have the option to upgrade your shipping method should you need a speedier service.
EXPRESS SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 24 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive within 1-2 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £5 for Tracked 24 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
STANDARD SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive 2-3 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £4.00 for Tracked 48 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
COLLECT AT THE CAFÉ (SUSPENDED DURING LOCKDOWN 2.0)
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
- All delivery costs are present at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
- Please note working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
- If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Can't be home for delivery? Don't worry - Thirsty Meeples can ship to any UK address so you can have your order delivered to your place of work, to a friend, a relative or neighbour. Simply enter your preferred delivery address when checking out.