Wildlands: Map Pack 1 – The Warlock's Tower & The Crystal Canyons adds a new double-sided game board to the Wildlands base game that features new opportunities and obstacles; this board can be used in conjunction with any faction expansions. Here's an overview of each side:
• The Crystal Canyons: Most of the rumors about the Crystal Canyons agree that when the Darkness broke, the crystals still in the earth either corrupted or became inert. That hasn't stopped survivors seeking out the place where the first arcane crystals were found, delving into the mines that once fueled the empire. This board makes full use of the rules for high and low ground. The majority of spaces are high ground, looking down at the low ground of the canyon below. Using this terrain to your advantage will be key if you hope to claim victory.
• The Warlock's Tower: Few know the truth of the great warlock and the powerful spells he once wove. They say that the tower sank below the waves when he died long ago. Now it has risen once more — what could that mean?
When playing on this board, players need to be aware of the trickery that the warlock's magic allows. Dotted around the map are four portal spaces, each counting as adjacent to each other for the purposes of movement and area attacks. Stranger yet is the Tower, a single space at the center of the board that seems to be the epicenter of the powerful magic of the area. While no character can start the game here, it contains one of the four portal spaces on the map and gives characters here line of sight to every other space on the board, making it a tempting space for a ranged character to take position, but one that will certainly leave them vulnerable to attack.
2-4 PLAYERS | 30-60 MINS | AGES 14+
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Orders placed on a working day before 1:30pm will be packed and despatched that same day. All order are sent tracked via the Royal Mail. You will be able to follow your order from our warehouse to your delivery destination once your order has been fulfilled.
Postage is worked out by spend and delivery type. These options are listed below. There is also the option to collect your online order at our café, no delivery charge is made.
Important note on shipping times: none of the below shipping times are guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.
FREE SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
Spend over £50 and automatically receive free Royal Mail Tracked 48 UK shipping. You will have the option to upgrade your shipping method should you need a speedier service.
EXPRESS SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 24 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive the next working day from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £5 for Tracked 24 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
STANDARD SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive 2 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £4.00 for Tracked 48 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
COLLECT AT THE CAFÉ
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
- All delivery costs are present at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
- Please note next working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
- If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Can't be home for delivery? Don't worry - Thirsty Meeples can ship to any UK address so you can have your order delivered to your place of work, to a friend, a relative or neighbour. Simply enter your preferred delivery address when checking out.