Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary contains the Notre Dame base game, the New Persons expansion that first appeared in the 2009 alea Treasure Chest, and a new "New Persons" set of nine characters.
In Notre Dame, players take on the roles of the heads of influential families in Paris at the end of the 14th century. In the shadow of the Notre Dame cathedral, the players compete for prosperity and reputation. Each family controls one of the 3–5 boroughs that surround the site of Notre Dame. As head of their family, each player tries — through clever use of their action cards — to advance the power and prestige of their family, but penalties are assessed on those who do not take care of the health of the people who live in their borough. The player with the most prestige at the end wins.
The "New Person" expansions allow for more variety during gameplay since these characters make different actions available to the players, and they consist of the following characters:
A period cards:
- Bell-ringer: When hiring the bell-ringer, take 3 prestige points for each influence marker of their color on the central Notre Dame sector.
- Priest: When hiring the priest, players take one influence marker from the general supply and place it onto the central Notre Dame sector. Nothing else happens.
- Procurator: When hiring the procurator, players execute the action of any one of their seven sectors according to the influence markers (incl. the trusted friend) in it.
B period cards:
- Benefactor: When hiring the benefactor, players may return any number of victory points to the supply. For each returned victory point they may move their rat marker one place backwards (but never below 0)
- Butcher: When hiring the butcher, players place one influence marker from the general supply into each empty sector in their borough. The corresponding actions are not executed
- Trader: When hiring the trader, players take 1 gold coin from the supply for each of their marketplaces that don't have message tokens on it.
C period cards:
- Actress: When hiring the actress, players move all influence markers (incl. their trusted friend) from a sector (not Notre Dame) to any other sector in their borough (not Notre Dame!) and execute the corresponding action.
- Gravedigger: When hiring the gravedigger, players take prestige points from the supply, the number of points corresponding to the current plague value.
- Mistress: When hiring the mistress, players take one influence marker from the general supply, place it in the sector with their trusted friend, and execute the corresponding action. (If the trusted friend is not yet in the borough the mistress evokes no action.)
Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary also includes a small expansion for The Castles of Burgundy titled Trade Routes.
2-5 PLAYERS | 45-75 MINS | AGES 10+
PLEASE NOTE: ROYAL MAIL ARE EXPERIENCING DELAYS IN SOME AREAS, PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR DELIVERIES TO ARRIVE.
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Orders placed on a working day before 1:30pm will be packed and despatched that same day. All order are sent tracked via the Royal Mail. You will be able to follow your order from our warehouse to your delivery destination once your order has been fulfilled.
Postage is worked out by spend and delivery type. These options are listed below. There is also the option to collect your online order at our café, no delivery charge is made.
Important note on shipping times: none of the below shipping times are guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.
FREE SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
Spend over £50 and automatically receive free Royal Mail Tracked 48 UK shipping. You will have the option to upgrade your shipping method should you need a speedier service.
EXPRESS SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 24 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive within 1-2 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £5 for Tracked 24 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
STANDARD SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive 2-3 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £4.00 for Tracked 48 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
COLLECT AT THE CAFÉ (SUSPENDED DURING LOCKDOWN 2.0)
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
- All delivery costs are present at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
- Please note working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
- If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Can't be home for delivery? Don't worry - Thirsty Meeples can ship to any UK address so you can have your order delivered to your place of work, to a friend, a relative or neighbour. Simply enter your preferred delivery address when checking out.