Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary contains the Notre Dame base game, the New Persons expansion that first appeared in the 2009 alea Treasure Chest, and a new "New Persons" set of nine characters.
In Notre Dame, players take on the roles of the heads of influential families in Paris at the end of the 14th century. In the shadow of the Notre Dame cathedral, the players compete for prosperity and reputation. Each family controls one of the 3–5 boroughs that surround the site of Notre Dame. As head of their family, each player tries — through clever use of their action cards — to advance the power and prestige of their family, but penalties are assessed on those who do not take care of the health of the people who live in their borough. The player with the most prestige at the end wins.
The "New Person" expansions allow for more variety during gameplay since these characters make different actions available to the players, and they consist of the following characters:
A period cards:
- Bell-ringer: When hiring the bell-ringer, take 3 prestige points for each influence marker of their color on the central Notre Dame sector.
- Priest: When hiring the priest, players take one influence marker from the general supply and place it onto the central Notre Dame sector. Nothing else happens.
- Procurator: When hiring the procurator, players execute the action of any one of their seven sectors according to the influence markers (incl. the trusted friend) in it.
B period cards:
- Benefactor: When hiring the benefactor, players may return any number of victory points to the supply. For each returned victory point they may move their rat marker one place backwards (but never below 0)
- Butcher: When hiring the butcher, players place one influence marker from the general supply into each empty sector in their borough. The corresponding actions are not executed
- Trader: When hiring the trader, players take 1 gold coin from the supply for each of their marketplaces that don't have message tokens on it.
C period cards:
- Actress: When hiring the actress, players move all influence markers (incl. their trusted friend) from a sector (not Notre Dame) to any other sector in their borough (not Notre Dame!) and execute the corresponding action.
- Gravedigger: When hiring the gravedigger, players take prestige points from the supply, the number of points corresponding to the current plague value.
- Mistress: When hiring the mistress, players take one influence marker from the general supply, place it in the sector with their trusted friend, and execute the corresponding action. (If the trusted friend is not yet in the borough the mistress evokes no action.)
Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary also includes a small expansion for The Castles of Burgundy titled Trade Routes.
2-5 PLAYERS | 45-75 MINS | AGES 10+
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
We aim for orders placed before 1:30pm Monday to Friday to be dispatched on the same working day. If this is not possible, your order will be dispatched on the next working day. Orders placed outside our Monday to Friday office hours will be dispatched on the next working day.
Delivery is free on all orders of £65 or more. Orders with a value of less than £65 will incur a delivery charge as follows:
£4.50 - Royal Mail Tracked 48 (2-3 business days delivery time)
£6.00 - Royal Mail Tracked 24 (1-2 business days delivery time)
£5.50 - DHL (next business day delivery, mainland UK only)
If you are from further afield please contact us to discuss.
Collect in Store
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
All delivery costs are presented at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
Please note working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
Shipping times are not guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.