A long time ago, the gods decided to pass Earth down to Mankind and retreated to live in the Heavens. They erected the Cloud Temple, a symbolic border between the two worlds and home to the Stone of Balance.
As the sun shone from the Heavens and the Earth blossomed, the gods decided to open the gates of the Temple to only the most skilled people, allowing them to compete to become Kumo Hogosha, Guardians of the Clouds.
Throughout the centuries, valiant warriors – the Kumotori – fought against each other in the Rotating Arena of the Four Winds where the renowned Stone of Balance resides. Each year, a prestigious tournament is held in which a single winner is elevated to the rank of Kumo Hogosha, a demigod amongst men. The challengers for this title compete in a duel that combines strength and strategy to demonstrate their skill in a myriad of fighting techniques. Today it is your turn to continue writing the legend and face these legendary warriors. Climb into the Arena, master its ever-changing environment, and bring the Stone of Balance into your opponent’s camp to become a Kumo Hogosha!
To become a Kumo Hogosha, you have to move the Stone of Balance outside the Rotating Arena, into your opponent's camp. The player who first succeeds wins. Possible actions that players can take are:
• Grabbing: The active Kumotori can grab and move another Kumotori (opponent or ally) one tile vertically or horizontally.
• Throwing: The active Kumotori can throw another Kumotori (opponent or ally) one tile vertically or horizontally.
• Running: The active Kumotori can move from his original position to neighboring tiles either vertically or horizontally.
• Jumping: The active Kumotori can jump over one or more neighboring Kumotori (not diagonally) and/or the Stone of Balance to arrive at the next free tile.
• Blocking: The active Kumotori can sit on top of a neighboring (not diagonally placed) opponent to block him. You cannot block a Kumotori who is on any of the eight tiles surrounding the Stone of Balance. In the next round, the active blocking player will perform an action to unblock the opponent Kumotori, and move to a neighboring tile (not diagonally).
• Kumo: Kumo is the only action that moves the Stone of Balance. With this action you can move only 1 tile. To move the Stone of Balance you must have two Kumotori with the Kumo drawing face up next to each other, and next to the Stone of Balance.
| 2 - 4 Players | 25 - 30 minutes | Ages 8+
PLEASE NOTE: ROYAL MAIL ARE EXPERIENCING DELAYS IN SOME AREAS, PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR DELIVERIES TO ARRIVE.
All online orders are picked from our separate warehouse. We always ensure that your games are well packed before leaving. Wherever possible we'll re-use a cardboard box that we received games in from one of our suppliers. We figure it's better that way for our planet. But we do also use new boxes and wraps. If you have a strong preference either way please let us know in your Order Comments.
Our warehouse operates Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Orders placed on a working day before 1:30pm will be packed and despatched that same day. All order are sent tracked via the Royal Mail. You will be able to follow your order from our warehouse to your delivery destination once your order has been fulfilled.
Postage is worked out by spend and delivery type. These options are listed below. There is also the option to collect your online order at our café, no delivery charge is made.
Important note on shipping times: none of the below shipping times are guaranteed. From time to time unforeseen problems that are outside of our control can lead to postal delays. We do not accept responsibility for this these and will not refund shipping fees in these circumstance. If it is imperative that your order must reach reach you the next working day please contact us so that we can quote for a guaranteed next day postal service.
FREE SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
Spend over £50 and automatically receive free Royal Mail Tracked 48 UK shipping. You will have the option to upgrade your shipping method should you need a speedier service.
EXPRESS SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 24 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive within 1-2 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £5 for Tracked 24 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
STANDARD SHIPPING: ROYAL MAIL TRACKED 48 - UNITED KINGDOM
This is a tracked service so you can check your delivery is on the way. Your order should arrive 2-3 working days from day of despatch. Deliveries are made on Saturdays. You will be sent an email or SMS message to confirm delivery. We charge a flat-rate of £4.00 for Tracked 48 orders, meaning you can order multiple items with no increase in shipping costs.
COLLECT AT THE CAFÉ (SUSPENDED DURING LOCKDOWN 2.0)
At check-out you will to have the option to collect your order from our cafés in either Oxford or Bath and avoid the shipping charge. We will notify you by email as soon as your order is ready to collect. Allow up to 3 days for Oxford collection orders and 7 days for Bath collection orders. Orders will be held for a maximum of 21 days before being returned to our warehouse.
- All delivery costs are present at the 'My Basket' screen once the shipping destination is chosen, before any money is taken.
- Please note working day delivery does not include Sunday, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays and substitute days (see the GOV UK website for clarification).
- If you request that the package is left in a safe place, this will only be done at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Can't be home for delivery? Don't worry - Thirsty Meeples can ship to any UK address so you can have your order delivered to your place of work, to a friend, a relative or neighbour. Simply enter your preferred delivery address when checking out.